I think that Don may like this line from a book that I read a few years
ago;

A man had restored an old Steerman Bi-Plane and was flying it around the
country, puddle jumping from one small airport to the next. But the
plane was really old and had no modern navagation instruments, and
needed lots of repairs etc... So after a long day of oil leaks, fabric
tears and bad weather he finally decided to call it quits for the day,
and had this observation,   "You know, flying this plane is a lot like
SEX, I never get all I want, but some days I get all I can stand".

Lanier  in Tenn.   :-)