Dear Ken,
I don't know what state you live in, but most states have an Extension
Service through their land-grant university.  Here in Texas, that is The
Texas Agricultural Extension Service, and the local staff are county
extension agents, AG and FCS.  Thats government for agricultural advisors
and home economic advisors.  I am a county agent, hired by our county
commissioners court, the TX A&M Univ., and the USDA.  As such, I am paid by
YOUR TAX DOLLARS, and am here to assist you in growing various items.  Now,
I don't know what type of soil you have, but obviously you need to soil test
so you will know what nutrients you need to add to grow the biggest organs.
It is also critical to know the correct soil temperature to plant them in,
and the best time to harvest in order to produce the very best organs and
corner the market.  It is also necessary to investigate what insects and
diseases which might attack your organ(s), and you may even need to place
guards to prevent people like that Lawenske lady from trespassing and
messing with your .......crop.  If you will let me know where you are
planning on growing your crop, I will try to find some research on growing
organs in your area.  It is also never too early to start thinking about
marketing, especially if you are considering over-seas markets.  Also, you
need to check with an attorney to be sure NAFTA won't affect your marketing
schemes.
Just some common farming concerns to consider.
Sincerely
Bob [log in to unmask]