Sharon:  I replied to your earlier letter but, it was returned(I made a
mistake in the
address).  I'll try to copy it and send it later, but your dad's problems
getting up
may need assistance in areas more than physical.  I discuss the spiritual
elements,
and have to admire your ability to feel their needs, and I know from my
husbands
experiences, there is more than physical assistance necessary to keep going.
We
do not have the added difficulty of my being debilitated also, so you have an
extra
load to handle.  My heart goes out to you and your parents, since so much of
what
you tell me is so related to our situation in some ways.
     Judd also has a lift chair and recently has been concerned about it being
off
balance (has had 8 years) and been asking for my assistance more lately.  This
concerns me,since I know things are continuing to change and I'm at a loss how
to really combat his "dependancy" needs.  I sometimes, fuss with him to make
him
do more for himself and remind him not to do anything with assistance he
should do
on his own.  But in your situation I understand that option is not available.
     My thoughts are that they are going to require some kind of live-in
assistance.
Have you explored your options there?  Also, as my other letter will address,
they
are going to need all the spiritual strength they can muster - and somehow
come
to believe that will give them physical strength they never knew they had.
George
Burns said it best when on his 98th birthday they asked him what gave him his
longevity and he replied, "you got to have something you look forward to
getting up
for each day".  It sounds like the struggle is overwhelming your dad and he is
going
to have to have people around him that won't let him "give up".  Your mom
sounds
wonderful and is surely doing all she can- but there may not be enough
physical
"bag of tricks" to keep her from being overwhelmed.
      Please let them know there are others out here in the same desperate
world
they live in and our thoughts are with them , and you, and our prays too...
      There are physical aids to make their house more workable, but the
critical thing is they must want to TRY to use them.  PD is a trial and error
kind of condition.
        Hope somehow this can help...please keep in touch!

         Marie         CG   for husband 69/57