Sharon:  This letter got returned- so I'm resubmitting- hope it makes it this
time..;
I do hope your parents recognize your sincerity of heart.  You are so
fortunate to have each other.  Concerning their "different" way of God
revealing himself, I some-
times feel this is a way of saying the truth about God, who he is, and what he
ex-
pects is relevant to each person.  Such relevant truth is a serious
misunderstanding
by many, and I'm coming to an awareness that families need to interact with
each
other, in a loving way, to help all arrive at the one real truth- which can
then help
overcome real problems of everyday life.  I'm a real believer in the
relationship with
God being such that we are able to accomplish the needed help and spiritual
growth
as well as physical needs- a "faith in action" concept, WITHIN THE FAMILY,
that
so many have abandoned for "each to his own" philosophies.
     My healing from chronic depression came when I started reading the Bible
for
myself, by myself, and came to the realization I no longer wanted to let
people stand between me and God (I was raised Catholic - am now non-
denominational).
Perhaps such thoughts, coming from a third party, could help your dad?
      Your activities in family literacy intrique me, please tell me more -
I'm presently
substitute teaching and thinking of getting cert. in Eng.,reading, ESL, or
something
in that area.  I know I want to work in a field that helps family
communications, so
maybe family "disintigrations" can be avoided.

                                 A partner in the effort.......
                                 someone who cares........
Marie