Judy Segal and I have just drafted a brief encyclopedia review of the
state of rhetoric in English-Canadian postsec., but the entry needs
material on Francophone rhetoric as well.

Would anyone on this list be able to offer a brief note on the study
of Francophone rhetoric or rhetorical education?  My sense is that through
most of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries the study of
Francophone rhetoric followed the classical tradition closely.  Is this
correct?

And what has happened in the past few decades?  What might be the
relationship between rhetoric and poetics/critical theory at the present?
Simply put, how might the study of Francophone rhetoric or rhetorical
education be described in the Canadian context?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Henry Hubert

                        Henry A. Hubert, Ph.D.
                      Office of the Dean of Arts

University College of the Cariboo    |  Phone:   250-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                        |  FAX:     250-371-5510
Kamloops, B. C.                      |  E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
V2C 5N3