Jennifer MacLennan,

Welcome to the listserv!  Some of your info. is very helpful to me in my
research project to find out more about very recent (within 5-10 yrs)
developments in writing instruction at Cdn. Universities.  (Refer to

>I had a whole stream going at
>Lethbridge -- a dozen new courses in under 6 years, including things like
>Rhet and Professional Communication and Rhet and Popular Culture. From 1995
>until 1998, when I left there, my students submitted and presented 28
>conference papers (these were *undergraduates*) making them the only ones
>from Uleth to ever do such a thing. We had a 100% acceptance rate at the
>annual Northwest Comm. Association conference, which is a terrific
>conference put on by a wonderful group of people. I'm taking the last of my
>Leth students this year -- we've put in a panel proposal for 5 of us.

Could you go into some more details, perhaps a list, of the courses that
were created at U. of Lethbridge?  Or is that info. available on their
univ. website?  Were you involved in creating and teaching these?  Were
they under the governance of the English, or some other, department?

>At U
>of S I hope to be doing some similar things, and have two former students
>applying here to do graduate study with me through the U of S's
>Interdisciplinary Studies graduate programme (there's as yet no
>communication programme here).

Are there undergrad writing courses at U of Sask, and are they recently
made?

Your answers, if you have time to give them, would be very helpful, Jennifer.

Thanks,
Tania.