By the way, thanks to all who have responded so far to this query; they are
helpful leads for my internet research.  I just came home from the library
at Ohio State and was noticing in the MLA biblio. the lack of materials
about writing instruction in Canada.  It's as if "writing" only meant
published poetry and fiction etc., not the writing that students do.

Rhonda,

Thanks for your helpful email.  Now that I'm aware of these things, I'll
check out what else is going on at your university for writing instruction
via the internet.  I am also interested if there is writing instruction in
other fields besides English, and if you have tutoring services for
students.  I really do hope you can get the 3rd concentration.  I would
have wanted to do such a BA if it had been offered at my university.

Tania.

At 11:32 AM 2/19/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Tania
>Hello from University College of the Fraser Valley.
>We offer a four year degree in English, no graduate studies.  The BA we
offer can be a traditional literature BA, or students can opt for one of
two concentrations: a North American Literature or a Drama concentration.
We offer a 210: Advanced Composition: 214: Reading, Writing and Rhetorical
Thery; and 371: Advanced Composition: Theory and Practice.  I am trying to
get a 3rd concentration in Aplied English or Rhetoric regognized and
approved within our department.