Rob,

Thanks for joining in.  I'm interested in what your issues or conflict
zones are in terms of teaching writing/rhetoric ... where you want to go
and what obstacles are in the way.  I'm also kind of interested in how
"writing" gets defined by its generic uses and users in Engineering, and
also how other teachers/scholars in writing/language tend to perceive you
as a WAC person.

From studying the website at U of Calgary, I'm finding that there's a whole
other world out there in terms of communication studies.  They teach
rhetoric too, and I also teach visual literacy in my comp class ... but how
come I haven't heard much about that field and what they do, even though I
am in rhetoric/composition?  It just seems like we should know more about
what each other is doing.  There's a bunch of little clubs and camps out
there teaching writing, hiding in separate parts of the country and
university campus, doing a lot of overlapping work.

Tania