The other problem is that neither the MLA nor ERIC ( the real source of info
about writing rearch) will cover Canadian material.  For example, we cannot
get them to list articles in Technostyle.  I don't know if Henry has
discovered the same problem for Textual Studies in Canada or not.

It is most provoking.

At 10:56 AM 2/22/99 AST4ADT, Russ Hunt wrote:
>This is a very interesting observation:
>
>> I just came home from the library at Ohio State and was noticing in
>> the MLA biblio. the lack of materials about writing instruction in
>> Canada.  It's as if "writing" only meant published poetry and
>> fiction etc., not the writing that students do.
>
>I think this is true.  I used regularly to make a distinction
>between writers and Writers, and writing and Writing, which I think I
>was making because I'd come to Canada and heard that capital W, which
>wasn't so commonly there in the US.
>
>It sounded like this: "Are you a writer?"  "No, I'm not a Writer."
>"I mean, do you write."  "Well, yes, but I don't Write."
>
>                                        -- Russ
>
>                                __|~_
>Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
>St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
>Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
>E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
>      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine F. Schryer