It's the opening sentence of "The Nature of Form," in "Lexicon Rhetoricae"
in _Counter-Statement_.  Its action was to move form from the (object)
realm of text to the (human) realm of psychology, hence to make it a
crucial aspect of symbolic action.  Later psycholinguistic theories of
reading (such notions as anticipation, closure) seem to me to parallel and
confirm Burke's action in these sentences.
Rick