>Hello There:
>Is there anyone who has undergone the operation for parkinson disease
>known  as DBS.
>My doctor highly recommends it, but I would llike some more commenton it.

There are a few here that have undergone the procedure. In the short term
it seems to be great. For the long term, the output of the device will have
to be turned up to achieve therapeutic effect and eventually the probe will
have to be repositioned in the pallid or thalamus because the area
stimulated becomes immune to the stimulation and observed side effects
become more noticible.

More on the technique including testimonials can be found on the Index of
the Current Topics Treasures at:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/ct.html

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn List messages on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
             *NEW*Click the page ads and use the new search tools*NEW*
John Cottingham