hi all

charlie wrote:
>I have written so much lately about so many things, I will
>be brief here.  I agree basically with Camilla.  I know many
>religious people feel that they want to share what they have
>found with others. I think it is reasonable for someone to
>refer to the strength they get from religion and their beliefs,
>but because of the deeply personal nature of religion and the
>sensitivity many people have to "proselytizing"  this ought to
>be done off the list.. And for those of us who are sensitive to
>conversion attempts by others it is important for us to
>realize that for many people their faith is an important part of
>them and an OCCASIONAL tatement of that on the list is different
>than an attempt to convert others.

at deeper levels
philosophy and psychology and even [yikes] science
eventually turn to the examination of spiritual beliefs

as a terminally nosie parkie
i am happy to learn about anything
i hate to think of any subject being censored in any way

as an example of my ignorance
i just found out last year that the major writings
in the "old testament" are common to jews christians and moslems
duh!

as a parkie
having been smacked upside the head by grace big-time
i have had to do some soul-searching myself

one of the great prophets recommended
that acts of prayer and charity
be carried out in private

i second that motion

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm