hi all

carol wrote, in part:
>My husband, Doug, is the PWP and will be undergoing open heart
>surgery for mitral valve replacement in the coming weeks.  He
>is 55 years old, diagnosed 8 years ...  I am a professional
>within the health care system so know how to navigate those
>systems quite well... Any insights/helps you can provide us
>would be most appreciated. I'm not looking to raise our anxiety
>level or fear level but to have all the knowedge we need to
>appropriately advocate for the special care a PWP needs
>during such a major event...

very wise, indeed, carol
hospitals can be dangerous places for parkies

make sure you do some digging in the archives
contra-indicated drugs are a major concern
mistakes and pd ignorance are not
infrequent

don't trust anyone
to know more about pd and your husband than you two do

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm