hi all

jeannette wrote, in part:

>...I, too, had a frozen and painful left shoulder and after
>unsuccessful cortizone shots by MD was referred to a neuro who
>after a process of elimination diagnosed possible PD and SINEMETCR
>therapy began and I returned to exercising and my shldr improved.
>Was the improvement from exercise or SINEMETCR or both?  I don't
>know.  Probably some of both....

i would venture a guess that it was the dopamine in the sinemet

if i am dopamine dis-advantaged
a repetitive movement like typing will become slower and slower
as the muscles involved get tighter and tighter
[which is what i relate to a muscle cramp]

i can't imagine trying to exercise an already cramped muscle
but i could be wrong here

in my case this tightness can only be relieved by meds:
when dopamine-enhanced,
i find that my tight muscles 'melt' and 'loosen' back to normal

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm