hi all

jjjane wrote, in part:
>You changed the list so that replies are sent directly to the
>sender and the entire list can no longer view them.  Why would
>you want to do that? Now we miss all the information that is
>shared between those two people... Plus you are losing members
>that have a lot to share with the whole group. Having too many
>posts is better than not enough.  It means the list is healthy.
>The ones that are affected aren't the ones that are abusing the
>list but more the ones that have stayed with the list to get
>information. I was gone most of January so did I miss something?  ...

january was pretty interesting, to say the least

the topics were, in summary [from my viewpoint, of course]:

-bean sprouts / chia pets
-cardiological stress tests
-peter kidd, a pd listmember, died
-joe, a pwp in judith's support group, whom we were trying to help, died
-anger / domestic violence
-my website was revamped
-changing the list - the parkinsn list on-line - sharing and privacy
-a listmember had a pallidotomy
-hate-mail - junk-mail - e-mail sucks
-elf assistance - pd list instructions
-apomorphine - amantadine
-pd and handwriting
-paradise lost petition
-tv-ready-list updated
-FAQ - frequently asked questions - idea for newbies
-stan houston, a deceased former listmember, remembered
-hilary blue was on pbs
-memory shipping lanes

if you want more
you can order logfiles from the listserv
or you can dig by date in the archives

janet
janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm