hi all

At 08:43 1999/02/01 -0500, hilary wrote:
>Greg leeman,
>There was absolutely no reason for that unprovoked outburst against Ivan
>Suzman. Whatever your personal views, and whatever reason you may have for
>having them - and I don't deny you the right to your opinions - what ever the
>reasons, there was no need to bring them out in public at this point . Your
>feelings on the subject do not relate at all to the case in point -which is
>whether Ivan has a grievance against the NPF or not. Whatever you think about
>his treatment of his caregivers - and I'd like to ask them what they think -
>has no relation to Ivan's claim  against NPF. If you and Ivan have been at
>loggerheads - so be it. It belongs in Maine and not on this list where  in
>this instance it is totally irrelevant.
>Hilary Blue

i have never felt comfortable with 'judging' anyone else
i have always been astonished if someone 'judges' me

by judging
i mean coming to a conclusion
about someone's character based on their behaviour

we are each one of us created for a unique purpose
by something bigger than us

it is not our place
to judge that creation i.e. ourselves and others
we are all enrolled in the same school of hard knocks

it is our place
to learn how not to judge ourselves and others
to learn that we as individuals are loved unrelentingly and unconditionally
whether we 'believe' it or not
whether we 'deserve' it or not
and that every other individual is as well

i can condemn the behaviour if i must
but i cannot condemn the individual

we are drawn together by a common 'movement disorder' which manifests itself
in obvious physical and not-so-obvious non-physical ways

we do not feel uncomfortable
expecting and getting empathy and loving forgiveness
for troubles caused by our physical frailties

why do we judge others and ourselves so harshly
for troubles caused by our non-physical frailties?

forgive us as we forgive others
it could be so simple
why is it so hard?

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm