>On thy cold grey stones, O sea.
>I would that my tongue could utter
>The thoughts that arise in me....."
>Judith Richards - gone.
>Janet Paterson  - on sabbatical
>Dennis Greene - gone

never say never

>The twilight of the gods has begun.
>And we, left behind in Valhalla: what are we going to do about it?
>Are we going to sit back and accept 'the inevitable'.  Are we going
>to go on destroying ourselves and watch the stalwarts as they fade
>and disappear ioto the past?  While we consume ourselves with
>infighting  anmd character assassination....
>So Ivan isn't perfect. Are you?
>So there are things about Ivan that you do not like,
>And there are things about some of you that Ivan does not like...
>Is that the way to treat a man who ...has been actively campaigning
>... gives of his free time to volunteer... was always... to be found
>defending the under-privelleged...
>And this is the way we treat him in his hour of trouble - by castigating
>him, ripping him to shreds, and then leaving him to the hyenas?...
>No wonder Valhalla is crumbling, and the great ones are leaving.
>Hilary Blue

i agree with you hilary
[yes - that's a "me too" !!]

i would make one further comment

listing ivan's accomplishments is unnecessary
as a means of 'justifying' his not 'deserving' character assassination

no one of us 'deserves' judgment or condemnation more than another
we are all equally 'worthy' of love and forgiveness
we don't have to do anything to 'earn' it
we already have it

like it or lump it

we do have a choice
as to whether we listen to / absorb / react to
such thoughtless words

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm