Friends-- be aware that ALL OPIATES are  contraindicated with PD drugs ,
not just  with Eldepryl.
Peter had a bad experience because we didn't know that "Percocet" contained
opiates as well as Tylenol (which is OK)   His surgeon said he didn't know
this was a No-No, because "I'm just a surgeon" !   The generic name, which
would have tipped us off, was not on the label of the bottle he was given.
Sorry, but we have to learn ALL the names--brand, generic and chemical-- of
ALL the drugs to be safe! And don't count on the overworked nurses to know
everything either---a bedside advocate is the best protection for a
hospitalized PWP.

>>From: "cfalkski`1*-*" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:52:39 +0000
>>Subject: Re: OPEN HEART SURGERY
>>
>>Yes please be careful with opiate drugs and Elderpryl. MY husband just
>>had back surgery
>>and  I gave them the list of meds he couldn't take but they put him on
>>morphine and 10
>>hours after surgery he had to get up and go into the bathroom he was so
>>nauseated. They
>>gave him meds for that and suggested he use the morphine to help with
>>pain. IT started
>>all over agin.He told them take it away I don't wanrt anymore. After they
>>took it away >he made it on Tylenol and then no more sick tummy. I had
>>forgotten about the elderpryl.
>>
>>So amke sure you check everything.

       Camilla Flintermann,                             <[log in to unmask]>

 http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm  My Home Page

             "  Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,
               is,perhaps, a lifetime learning experience  ."
                              --Mary McCurry