I was off work last week, sick with the flu.

I read Ivan's flaming of NPF and felt sicker.

I read the list's flaming of Ivan and felt sicker.

I read messages from Janet, Judith & Dennis announcing they were quitting
and felt sicker.

I read personal messages to me from listmembers urging (demanding?) that
I 'fix' it but giving me specific criteria about which 'it' needs to be
fixed.

I read a message from a member asking for advice re her husband's
upcoming heart surgery.  That message, THAT MESSAGE, is what this list is
about.  I read Kathryn's response to her (thank you, Kathryn, yours was
the only message among many that day that sounded like the REAL Parkinsn
list).  Since then, others (thank God) responded to her.  With Judith's
messages about her friend, Joe, we are all very aware of the risks
involved with hospitalizations and pd.  And we argued about religion,
money, homo/heterosexual, old way/new way, etc.  I didn't like us much.
And I usually do like us.  All of us.

Thank you, Janet, for returning.  I really do appreciate your help and
your words.

If Carole or anyone else who asked for information re pd in the past few
days would write to me, off the list, and let me know if you received
help off the list, I would appreciate it.  We're not usually like this
and I apologize to all who have been offended by us.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing