Dear Barb Patterson and  listfriends--

Thank you, Barb for your post about our struggles.  I had hoped to hear
from you, and am sorry you were sick--and made sicker   :-(

SNIPPED
You wrote in part:

>If Carole or anyone else who asked for information re pd in the past few
>days would write to me, off the list, and let me know if you received
>help off the list, I would appreciate it.

This raises for me again the question of how the list "reply" option is
set.  Several folks recently have requested (begged?) that we go back to
having it set for "reply to list", not to sender, because of the problem
you raised--we don't really know whether someone's question has been
answered if replies go offlist.  I think we have trouble deciding what is
appropriate for everyone  (what else is new?) and have been erring on the
side of too much offlist info-sharing.  I've tried to  follow the principle
that a real question asked ON the list should be answered ON the list--but
even that gets murky at times.   Though I have liked some things about the
"new" way, I'm beginning to feel that the time may have come to revert to
the "old" one.....we're ALWAYS going to have to make a choice about what
goes where, but better perhaps to delete silliness we don't want to read
than to lose valuable info we may need.....just my thoughts, F W I W.
Others???

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "