Reading and posting to the list from Parkinsn List Online and eliminates
all the confusion supposedly generated by setting the default to reply
to the poster.

If one reads a message online, [log in to unmask] is underlined
as well as the posters email address.

If one wants to post an answer or new post to the list, just click on the
underlined [log in to unmask]

Your default mail program will start and have the correct address already
in place. Create and send your message.

Understanding copying and pasting should be one of the first priorities and
any new or old computer user.

The help menu for your operating system will give specific directions. Look
for the paste or copy command.

Below you can see the underlined words..those are addresses that will be in
the new message or the reply to the person directly. Put your mouse on one
of them and click. See what new opportunities appear.

>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: The Light Unto Our Pathway is Delicate
>>From: John Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>
>>Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:43:48 -0600
>>Sender: "Parkinson's Information Exchange" <[log in to unmask]>

Posting to parkinsn from Parkinsn List Online

Select any message found at:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/parkmail/maillist.html

You will notice the header information as displayed above with the blue
underlines.

To send a message to the list always click on the underlined

Your mail program will start already addressed

Select a subject that most of your message will be about.

Write and send the message.

Replying to a message

You can have more than one application open at a time with Windows 95 or 98.

Select a message you want to reply to.

Click on either the persons email address or parkinsn.

Your mail program will open properly addressed.

To copy something put the mouse at the first character of what you want to
copy and click and hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse to
the right. When you get to the end of what you are going to copy release
the left mouse button. What you have highlighted is what can be copied into
another application. There are two important key combinations to learn
Control (CTRL) C and Control (CTRL) V. What control C means is hold down
the Control (CTRL) key and the C key at the same time. Control C copies
everything you have highlighted. Move over to your email program and
position the mouse cursor in the body where you want to insert the text
your have copied. Click the left mouse button to lock it in that place.
Press the Control key and the V key at the same time. The copied text
magically appears at the mouse cursor in the mail program.

Inspect the Edit menu of your mail program for Paste as a Quotation. This
will be handy for pasting a few sentences from the post you are replying to
to let whoever reads it know what you are reacting to. The lines that start
with > are quoted.

Copy the subject line of the message you are replying to. On your email
message subject put Re: and then paste the original subject line.

Practice makes perfect but Control C and Control V are the most important
things you can learn, that works in any application you will encounter.

The work of the list continues even though it may not be apparent due to
all the entertainment.

I welcome all of our new members. You will find some of the nicest helpful,
loving people here.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn List messages on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
             *NEW*Click the page ads and use the new search tools*NEW*
John Cottingham