Dear List Members,

I regret that Ivan Suzman uses the Parkinson Listserv as a means to vent
his frustrations regarding NPF. As Dale Severance so eliquently wrote, NPF
works tirelessy for the rights of the PD community by funding the most
innovative research and educational programs.

In the case of Ivan Suzman, which incidently happened well over 3 years ago
(prior to my employment at NPF), the University of Miami Doctor that Mr.
Suzman was scheduled to see was NOT a no show. He like most Doctors was
running behind schedule. Therefore, had Mr. Suzman chosen to wait instead
of leaving he would have been seen.

And, though the office of the Doctor Mr. Suzman was scheduled to see
resides in NPF headquarters, the Doctor was not an NPF employee nor was his
secretary that scheduled his appointments for the day.

NPF's headquarters in Miami are located in a 4 story building. The first
floor is dedicated to the Foundation operations (this is where my office
is). The 2nd Floor is LENT out to the University of Miami Neurology Dept.
This is where patients receive treatment from UM's Doctors. The 3rd and 4th
floors of our building are dedicated to research and house our world class
brain bank.

Thus, NPF was not responsible for the University of Miami's Doctor that was
late for his appointment.

As we have stated before, we are very sorry that Mr. Suzman was not seen by
his Doctor, however we feel the situation was not in our control.

Thank you.
Melinda Brown
NPF PR