At 09:32 1999/02/05 -0800, you wrote:
>My name is Valerie Dillon I am a friend and part time caregiver for
>Rebecca Hudson. She's in trouble.
>She is experiencing a tremendous increase in diskinesia and dystonia.
>It seems to start after she takes her medication 1/2 sinemet 10/100 and
>1 permax .25mg. It starts to burn in her lower right abdomen and then
>prickng (neuropathy?) starts in her hands spreading through her arms and
>elsewhere. She then experiences dry mouth and then her mouth starts to
>burn.
>Then severe tremors increasing in strength and duration. She is also
>taking 2-3 75mg. of doxepin at night.
>We have been having no luck with changing the configuration of doses.
>She is scheduled to see her neurologist but needs help now. Any
>information or suggestiona would be very much appreciated.
>
>Thank You,
>Valerie Dillon

hi valerie

can you tell us more details about becky's drug regimen
i.e. how much of what and how often?

how long since this regimen was changed?

when did this trouble start?
are there any other symptoms i.e. cognitive developing?

how have you been trying to change the dose configuration?
remember low and slow is the rule
not 'lets try this today' and then 'lets try this tomorrow'

off the top of my head
the 'tremendous increase in dyskinesia' sounds like too much dopamine
which could be caused by the sinemet as well as the permax

the 'tremendous' aspect worries me
was this change sudden?
was there a related change
in becky's lifestyle, diet, meds, chemicals, hormones, etc?

is she taking any other meds?
what is the doxepin for?

how long has becky had pd?
is she 50 something and diagnosed how long - 16 yrs?

i will wait to hear more from you

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm