hi terrie

At 23:56 1999/01/31 EST, you wrote:
>I heartily applaud both Dale and Dennis's replies to Ivan.  I rarely post my
>opinions to the entire listserv, emailing the individual, instead.  But Ivan,
>really, you are just too much!!!  I have, over the course of 3 years, heard
>enough about your soap-opera life, to the point that I dread even seeing your
>name in my mailbox.  You seem to me to be one of the most egotistical,
>narcissistic & self-centered people I know.  Do you honestly think you are the
>most deprived, abused, poverty stricken, severely impaired PWP on this list???
>Well, think again!!  The majority of us are on disability, many living alone,
>just as many with incomes equal to or lower than yours (mine is lower than
>yours, by the way), many just as angry and bitter about the hand they've been
>dealt BUT.......DO YOU HEAR THEM COMPLAINING????   I sure don't, particularly
>not for over 3 years.
>My suggestion to you, besides giving us all a break with this irrational
>tirade, is to get some professional psychiatric  help.  You sound very much
>out of control.
>Terrie W. Whitling 44/16

if ivan seems 'very much out of control' to you
it seems odd to me
that you would criticize his actions and judge his character

i'm caught in a quandary

who the heck are you to judge ivan?
but
who the heck am i to judge you?

if you dread seeing someone's messages
why do you read them?

are we not allowed to complain, to express frustration and despair?
is ivan not allowed?
are you not allowed?
am i not allowed?

i think the catch is
venting anger is not much of a help
examining it and attempting to understand its origins can be

we are not permitted to wail and weep like children
so our modes of expression of pain
can get convoluted

i wrote 'pain' in response to what i derived from ivan's messages
pain and anger can blind us
make us lash out

but i can choose to lash back or not
i can choose to interpret the expressed pain
as directed at me or as affecting me in some way or not

learning to love ourselves first and each other second
are the most important things we can do
and the hardest

judging is inherently unforgiving
loving is inherently forgiving

loving is for giving

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm