Ivan,  I've been burned enough by you that I'm not sure how to respond.  Usually when someone who I
have been angry at comes back to me with the conciliatory tone that is in your post I read it as a
olive branch and  say let's forget our differences and go on from here. But I'm not so sure here.

Regarding your comments:
 I said that the amount due you was inflated because you spent a week or 2 vacationing as I recall
prior to scheduled visit yet you claimed the whole trip (airfare for you and your attendant and I
believe more). There were as good or better facilities in New York or Boston yet you chose to go to
Miami.  While that is certainly your right one wonders whether the choice of Miami was influenced by
reasons other than your medical appointment.  .In any case I am remembering that I said a year ago
that I wouldn't  perpetuate  issue any more by discussing it an here I go again.

Regarding the other issues I'm sure there other gays on the list- but I don't know it because it is
not an issue they choose to bring up -  just as I don't know for the most part who is Black,
Catholic, Jewish or Atheist,  bisexual, heterosexual or asexual.  You have chosen to make an issue
out of your sexual preference and then blame others for mistreating you because of your sexual
orientation. Gays are mistreated in this society but you take advantage of the desire people on the
list to be accepting of all PWP and turn it around to gain sympathy.  I would be willing to bet you
do the same thing with your friends in the gay community about your disability from PD.

I think that if you really want to get the respect back   of the large numbers of people in the
group that are down on you right now we won't hear another word about NPF, or anything else that
asks  others to  intervene in your behalf (such as making phone calls to support you to PBS).  As
others have pointed out there are many on the list that are in your financial situation or have
other needs that but very few if any that  request the list's intervention  (in fact probably not
enough  do) .

Ivan,  this is my last response to you regarding these issues on the list..

I  am not telling you what to do but I am saying what will be necessary if you are to regain the
respect of me and I think many others.

Charlie

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.