Dear Listmembers,
As a new member, a newbee pwp, and a young person (41) I have a lot of
questions.  I have kept to myself lately to let the debates die down a
bit, but I am in need of guidence so I thought I'd just jump in and
change the subject.
I wake up somewhere between 2am and 4am stiff, cramped and sore.  I am
able to get out of bed ok but shuffle around like a little old lady
until I can take my first dose of Sinemet at 8am.  If I take it sooner,
it wears off too early and I spend the evening miserable and cant go to
sleep at all.  I know many people with pd suffer sleep disturbances and
was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I usually get up, read the
email (mostly from this list) take a hot shower, exercise and stretch,
try to keep moving until my scheduled am dose.  This helps, but the
sleep would be much more helpful.  Later in the day I usually walk (up
to three miles) or use my exercise machine.  But still,  I am awakened
every morning in great discomfort.  My symptoms began less than a year
ago and I was dxd just over a month ago.  Does it seem strange that I
would be this uncomfortable this early on?
Another question is how does one deal with depression?  I realize
intellectually that one never needs to look very far to find someone who
suffers more but emotionally, I guess I am still in shock at my dx.  I
find myself in tears from the time I get up until I can pull myself
together.  I do this so my husband doesnt see me cry because it tears
him up too much.  Throughout the day, even though the meds pretty well
eliminate my discomfort, I find myself preoccupied with this illness and
often unable to accomplish a bloody thing.  Could it be that feeling
tired all the time is causing me to feel lethargic and depressed or
could depression make me feel tired and lethargic and keep me from
sleeping?
One other question.  I find that when the ridgidity sets in (whether on
or off the med)  the veins in my hands and legs protrude more
prominately and at times seem to ache.  Has anyone else experienced
this?    Any and all comments, suggestions and pearls of wisdom would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanking all in advance.
Jennifer Smith