On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:10:35 -0500 Bob Anibal <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Here goes the gay bit again.  Are you bragging or complaining?  Why
>can't
>you let people accept you as you are without wearing a big banner?
>Bob Anibal

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        40   deg. F   :-)
Bob,

I guess you do not see that the List's heterosexual environment flashes
in bright neon at the gays and lesbians on this list. And yet, I don't
think any of us mind. We vary of course, and I can only represent myself.

Bob, I try to tell you about me so that you can gain a little wisdom
about us. And I appreciate whatever anyone contributes, as long as it is
meant positively. It's a learning experience.

So Bob, I am not bragging.  I am not complaining.  I am just talking to
you. It's too bad you can't seem to accept me as I am.  I am proud to be
gay, and share it joyously, as  other Listmembers share their joys,
whatever they might be.

I was simply sharing role models.  My heroes.

 But,  Bob, I do wonder what the unseen "big banner" you are talking
about looks like to you? I  would welcome an explanation, OFF-LIST. I
doubt that I wear THAT banner!

Anyway, I am weary, and cannot allow myself to be exposed to any more
attacks.or destructive comments from a List that has no STATED policy to
affirm the humanity of every individual, and to protect its minorities.

Gays and lesbians do not reveal themselves if they are unsafe.  I no
longer feel safe from negative comments.  The Parkinson's List will have
to change before I will feel safe enough to return.

God Bless each and every one of you!

ivan mfowethu suzman
49/39/36