To PIEN Participants:-

Like a lot of my Parkie colleagues, I have experienced a sagging of my
facial muscles with the result that a sort of " Parkinson Pout "
replacing my former smile. A couple of years ago when I was first
diagnosed, I read a book on a HOME EXERCISE PROGRAM which contains some
useful tips such as raise your eyebrows and wrinkle your forehed: open
your mouth as wide as possible; blow out your cheeks; wriggle your nose;
and smile, frown and smile again.

Another approach which has really helped to tone up the facial muscles
is to use a device called  a Facial-Flex. This neat product I ordered
from a medical supply catalogue which was somehow mailed to me. It cost
about $50 ( U.S. bucks unfortunately). I just found out that the United
States supplier has set up a neat web site which shows how the product
works and also an order form.

Hope this helps.

Ken Clements- 65/2 years and counting!
Ottawa CANADA  < [log in to unmask] >