Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:30:00 -0700 "Robert A. Fink, M.D." <[log in to unmask]> in
respons to Ivan writing:

Bob wrote in part:
> [...]
about being "proud to be gay").
It doesn't make any sense to me to be "proud" to be gay, any more
that I should feel "proud" at being heterosexual.  Being gay or
"straight" is not something we *acquire*; for most of us (there are
some exceptions), it is the way we were born. <<<<<

Hello Bob,

I agree with you that something you were born with, is no
reason to be proud that you have that quality.
But I think Ivan (f.e.) can be proud in the sense that he is open
about it to the outside world.  That's not easy in a world that is
so judgemental towards gays and lesbians.

BTW did you know that since januari 1999 the Netherlands is
the first and only country in the world where it is legally
possible for a mail (cq a female) couple to get married!!!

Hans.