RE: Ivan

I have to support Jim and Dale on this.  I am not a member of NPF and have no loyalty to them at
all. In fact in the discussions about the formation of the alliance I took a position
counter to theirs.  A year or 2 ago I too had at Ivan's  behest  tried to deal with NPF on this
matter listening only to Ivan's part of the story.  After talking to several people I came to the
conclusion while NPF was not blameless Ivan's claim was highly inflated as to the amount that he was
reasonably due. He has taken every opportunity -the most recent being when I mentioned NPF in the
Bob Fink conspiracy spoof-..    to bad-mouth NPF and repeat his story to a fresh audience. For
someone who doesn't believe in suing Parkinson's organizations he calls for a boycott ever chance he
gets.

And remember this is the same person who called on our sympathies when he didn't get chosen by PBS
to appear on Lehrer. They decided on Hillery who was  advocating or Ivan,  I suspect for her genuine
compassion  and problems.

Ivan claimed PBS was discriminating against him because he was gay.  When several listmembers wrote
to him off list stating that they felt that he should stop pushing his personal agenda he wrote to
the list stating that he was getting anti-gay hate-mail which-  with the information I had I wrote a
post supporting Ivan-  only to find out from the alleged gay bashers what they actually wrote.

And then when the petition came up you will find my name conspicuously absent since I assume the
City has their side which I would need to hear before advocating in any way for Ivan.

The list is full of compassionate people who want to help other PWP's who are in need.  The list is
great for that but it can be abused.  Ivan may well need help but I don't think it is the kind that
we can provide for him.  Hasn't this gone far enough?

Charlie

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin