Is anyone on the list experience/knowledgable re: Medicare Supplemental B
insurance?

My question is re: How beneficial is this coverage when a person is in a
nursing home.....with dementia following stroke, few meds, very weakened
condition with no recovery forseeable (89 years old, bedfast, slowly
deteriorating)

Question prompted by these facts:  We pay $3000 per year for the Supplemental
B (this rate is set by the insurance companies in the various states....we
have no better choice on that rate).  $250 deductible on this policy for meds.

Are we missing something that Supplemental B pays for????  It seems very
beneficial coverage for someone who is active, has MD appointments, outpatient
PT etc....., but  is it truly a beneficial service for the "hospice/nursing
home patient"? if rx drugs are not a major expense in the care. (I am the PD
patient with major drug costs, not my mother)  Mother will never leave the
nursing home alive.

I address this to the list, because I assume others may find this same
puzzlement as they manage elderly parents.....and because I hope that someone
may point to a flaw in our thinking on the coverage.

Rita Weeks 54/9