Dear List Members:  I guess I really stirred up a hornet's nest with some of
my replies.  After some self-evaluation, I would like to share my feelings,
intentions,
and reactions to what I have encountered since joining this list in January.
     I would like to clarify my part in producing such a flurry of responses
as occurred
as soon as God(not religion) was mentioned.  I've reviewed my  sent mail and
my
heart-felt intentions and  every mention of a spiritual nature I've made and
ever intend
to make is in an uplifting manner and only in response to the  perceived
appeals
from people in need for encouragement in dealing with the miseries of PD.  Not
all
problems associated with PD are of a physical nature, as so many understand,
and
to leave out discussions other than medicines would be a tremendous human
loss.
I have tried to provide comfort and moral support where I feel I have
experience to
address that issue - the same as many share their medical experiences.  If
that is
too personal for some tastes, I  felt the purpose of this list was to share
since there
are so many more "listeners" than "responders", and we never know who we are
really benefiting.
     I had to stand back and let the dust settle somewhat before replying, but
I have
to say I feel the TOTAL  EXCHANGE has been a healthy one and I add my voice in
hoping all listeners will have the fortitude and tolerance to not leave the
list only
because of offense taken at the discussions.  This is truly a  wonderful list
and  I
want to thank everyone( for and against what I've said) that have furnished
input- I'm
a real believer in constructive criticism and ALL replies have had careful
consideration.
     Therefore, I would like to assure everyone listening, that I have no
intention of
being overbearing, pushy, "proslytizing", preaching or anything related to
that, and
from the replies I've seen directly to me, I have not done such things.   The
discussions surrounding some of my posts seem to hint of worldly conditions
and
offenses  taken way out of my context, and  I have no intention of using this
list to
discuss theology or even philosophy.
      I do have a suggestion, since the volume of exchanges can be
troublesome, and
I know that managing the numbers can be challanging.  From first seeing the
list,
I felt that the Subject line could be used to more advantage, perhaps even
according
to categorized topics, giving time pressed people more opportunity to delete
without
missing ideas  or posts of interest.  Has anyone come up with some suitable
guide-
lines about captions in the subject line to make exchanges more
understandable?
     Anyway, I look forward to more interchange of ideas and especially
experiences
and sharing in all ways.  Thanks, and I hope this clears up some of what I'm
all
about  and I won't feel like this list wants to censure (?) me or anyone else.
                  A  Parkinson's caregiver  who does care...
                                                        Marie