Just to share my husbands background for the past l2 yr.  - the past 8 have
inc.
disturbed nights and we've tried various patterns of medication and have
always
gone back to dividing the Sinimet  equally over the 24 hr. period.  It always
seemed
reasonable to us that the body needs to maintain a level regimen of meds to
deal
with , even though the one middle of the night dose can be annoying(but he is
usually up sometime near med time for  a restroom break anyway).
        His neuro tried to compress the meds to daylight times only (3hr
intervals),
saying he really didn't need them when he sleeps, but, somehow the common-
sense logic of that seemed off- We did try it though, with very poor results,
-went
back to the old standby regimen.
     Have you tried a 24 hr dosing regimen of whatever your meds are?  He
still exp.
some stiffness and  some minor leg cramps but generally sleeps real well .
You'll
find with time that PD battle is often one of trial and error.  In trying new
ways or
meds we always kept in mind to go slow with changes, but don't be afraid to
try
variations  to find out what works best for your system.  (keep in mind, the
Dr.s
don't have all the answers and  the more you get confidence in what you know
works for you, the better you will feel)
      To be sure, there are bunches of PWP  in your boat about the
frustrations,
just hang in there.....it can get better!
                                     Marie     CG for husband 69/l2