Dear List,

One of my biggest problems when I end up  "fully on" or range into being
"over-medicated",  is that my legs, with no warning, will send me
crashing off on a stumbling charge. I end up  slamming into  whatever is
in the way,  like the new ice skater arriving at the boards of the rink
having not yet learned how to stop!!  If  i have been sitting for a
while and suddenly get up the risk of one of my "unplanned trips" is
greatest. They almost always start as the result of  a left turn or
pivot which the left leg initiates. And they almost always are a
"hook",  that is my body  angles to the left of its intended direction.
Sometimes I can stop these charges by giving very  explicit verbal
commands to my feet and legs.
    "Keep your weight back, heels flat, pivot to left but swing right
leg around first and
      extend right  as far as possible, now follow with a big left..."

Sometimes this  choreography does not work either and my best bet is to
go lie down.

While I have experienced this problem for a while, it has become much
more pronounced since I started on Tasmar.  My sense is that Tasmar
although clearly prolonging my "On time", seems to have created  a much
more sensitive threshold or hair-trigger for Sinemet effectiveness.

I would like to hear if others on the list suffer similar problems and
any little tricks that help them.  I do not want to hear an analysis
of,  or speculation on, why I always go to the "left" or why I  engage
in self choreography.

                                        Thanks,
                                           Steve Holahan, 52/16