Marty Polonski and Will Johnnston seem to agree with Joe Bruman's theory and
advice to William A. Parrette that exercise will "use up" available dopamine
and that it would not be harmful to take a little additional dopamine to
offset the loss.
I beg to differ.
In my experience, not only exercise will cause an increase of tremor, but
any kind of stress, or exitement, like getting up in a crowd and speaking,
will do that.
I would say, any cause that may increase the release of adrenalyn in the
bloodstream will have that effect. Stopping the exercise or taking away the
other causes is enough for the tremor to subside. I don't think the dopamine
is "used up"; it is just otherwise occupied.
I don't see that taking extra dopamine will help much, because of the time
it needs to take effect.
A good example is when I try to turn around in bed. The effort causes a
sudden flare-up of tremor which stops as soon as I quit struggling.
Supposedly,according to the theory that is the time when there should be
some dopamine in reserve! Not that I can notice!
It would be interesting to investigate the interplay of adrenalyn and
dopamine under controlled conditions.

Will A. Kuipers     Dallas, Texas      78 / 71 / 70