Nick I am going through a similar situation right now, my ankles like they are both sprained when i first get up ,
after sitting for a while, and the ball of each foot feels bruised. I have found that keeping the foot wrapped with
an ace bandage seems to help both the ankle and the foot. I have gone through this before and if I keep them wrapped
they usually get OK after a week or so and then I don't have the problem for a few months. I might add that I am 6'2"
and weigh 250#s and that doesn't help the problem.
Bob Chapman 65/61/50