Barb, you speak for me as well.  As a newcomer to this list, I have opted
not to comment about peoples' references to God/the bible/religion/the
efficacy of prayer/etc -- but I agree that these comments have no place on
this or any other list, unless the list is organized for that purpose.
Every other list I belong to has a policy that specifically prohibits
religious references and am rather surprised that this list does not have
such a policy.   Or does it?

Speaking for myself, as well -- discuss what you will in your private posts,
but please, please, keep your personal religious beliefs out of posts to the
list at large.    Thank you.

Rayna