with the appropriate retractions and apologies forthcoming.
(5) I then received a private Email from "Howard" that confirmed my
suspicions. (I won't disclose the details as it gives me no pleasure to
hurt or humiliate anyone -- in fact, the only reason I wrote my post in
the first place was to give other list members food for thought before
they 'invested themselves emotionally' with someone who may not be what
they represent themselves as ).
Let's close the book on this.    Martin Bayne
PS> A few minutes ago I received the following Email from "Howard"
himself

Subject: Re: The Saga of "Howard Collins"
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:38:54 EST
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

"Martin, you are obviously one of the few people in the world who think
and gather facts before they respond.  For that, you have my vote.  It
is indeed unfortunate that such a large segment of the populace has no
opinion at all...:"

I rest my case. MKB

Martin K. Bayne
Publisher, "Mr. Long-Term Care"   http://www.mrltc.com
Editor, Long-Term Care Review
http://www.mr-longtermcare.com/ltc/ltc_review.html
Editor, LTC E-News
http://www.mr-longtermcare.com/ltc/subscribe_enews.html
President, National Long-Term Care Policy Institute, Inc.
http://www.ltc2000.org
Email [log in to unmask]