Check out http:expasy.hcuge.ch/cgi-bin/show_image?P9&left76
All I know is it is a mutation of the flavoprotein fragment of NADH
I don't know what N1,N2,N3,N4 are, have to look that up.
NADH effects glutathione reductase, glutathione, anything that depends on
glutathione, like alpha lipoic acid and dihydrolipoic acid that chelates
metals, and glutathione protects the brain from lipid peroxidation.PD has
too much lipid peroxidation.
Alpha lipoic acid and dihydrolipoic acid are responsible for
decarboxylation of dopa to dopamine and depend on glutathione. They are
also responsible for making vitamin E and vitamin C.
Adenylate cyclase is glutathione dependent, it is effected by pertussis
that causes PD symptoms.
NADH efffects thioredoxin which thiolates glutamate reductase and peroxide
reductase. Stimulate glutamate receptors and you get   PD, there is too
much lipid peroxidation in PD. Thats why when you give isoleucine that
transports fatty acids into the cells there is a decrease in tremors noted.
NADH is part of complex I, NADH-ubiquitin oxioreductase that is low in PD.
This effects G-proteins, diacyglycerol, arachadonic acid, fatty acids,
adult onset diabetes, which is also effected by the IgE immune beta T-cells
that come around to destroy the lewy bodies and screw up the insulin
receptors causing insulin resistance.
NADH-Complex I mutation would cause problems with protein kinase C that
activates B vitamins. So many symptoms are the same as someone lacking B6.
NADH effects A2Red that effects P450 or CYP2D6. It is low in PD. This is
responsible for handling toxic environmental assaults, herbicides that
cause PD. It is also responsible for the breakdown of at least 60 per cent
of all the drugs a person takes, many of which cause PD symptoms.

I would really like to know exactly what the defect is so maybe we can
think of a way to fix it. I already know of glutathione reductase being
made by plasmodium falciparum, don't know if a drug company is producing
it. I know that if you had more of this you would have more dihydrolipoic
acid to break down metals, protect the brain more from lipid peroxidation,
be able to make more dopamine from dopa. NIFS is a B6 enzyme that breaks
metal-sulfur bonds. Maybe this would break apart lewy bodies, stop the
immune cells from killing what they think are foreign bodies, but are
really brain cells.

I've written to several scientists. None write back . It took me a year to
figure out is was a problem in the falvoprotein fragment of NADH, last
night I find a picture of it. Would love to find an article or two
describing it. Thanks. [log in to unmask]