On Tue 09 Feb, bernard.shaw wrote:
> A big hello to all fellow PWPs. I went to see my Neuro two weeks ago and
> asked him to change me from Sinamet cr 250mgs back on to Madopar. 4x 125
> mgs. per diem. The madopar is water soluable and I have no difficulties in
> swallowing. My aches and pains are less but the tremor is a little more
> pronounced. I feel much better with Madopar and my off periods are not so
> long. Bern from Austria.
>
> http://members.teleweb.at/bernard.shaw/Poetry.txt

Hello Bernard, that looks like a really good change, and you are nicely
poised to take a further step forward, if you wish to get rid of that
remaining tremor.

Also, you refer to your off periods being not so long. How long are the
offs? There really is no need to tolerate off periods, when all you have
to do is bring the next tablet forward slightly so that the two tablets
overlap by ,say, 15 to 20 minutes.
   I really believe that it puts less strain on your dopamine system if
you schedule your tablets so that you run at a fairly constant level,
rather than cycle from on to off and to on again between each tablet.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>