Mary Y and Terrie...

You've both painted such a graphic picture of the PD Allience meeting
that I almost felt like I was there!    It sounds like  a dynamic and
exciting experience.

I get the feeling that much (if not all.... ) of the squabling we've
had on the List the past few months was also alive and well at the PD
Allience meeting.  It's fortunate that cooler heads prevailed....

It appears to ME that the birth of this current argumentativeness (is
that a word?) has grown out of utter FRUSTRATION amongst our Parkie
and caregivers  brothers and sisters who put in so many years of
grassroots efforts and expectations into getting the Udall Bill
passed, only to see no PD research funding come of that tremendeous
effort (so far, anyway).

Since the passage of the Udall Bill, and the subsequent stagnation of
that Bill as we futilly try to push thru the promised funding, we're
like a great big roiling mass of Parkinsonian ANGER waiting to
explode or to be INSPIRED FURTHER.

You two wonderful women surely  have done the latter with your
respective accounts of the PD Allience Meeting!

YOU GO, GIRLS!!

Barb Mallut

BTW