>Hallo, Evrybody!
>
>I'm a new member, from Hungary, and first of all I must say sorry for my
poor English.

>I'm 44, and 6 years have slight parkinsonian simptoms, mainly stifness in
>the right arm,  speech difficulty, general slowness, but no tremor. The
>progress is slow, but exists. My left side is normal. I was diagnosed with
PD in 1995 and started take Sinemet CR.
>Last year I have changed my neurologist, and the new one diagnosed me with
>MSA.  Unfortunately he died, and  culdn't finish the diagnosis, so it
seems >not sure.

Sandor, welcome to our group!

My advice to a young person like yourself is if the medications are working
keep living your life to the fullest. PD+ syndromes are hard to diagnose
and are subject to error. I have several acquaintences who had been
diagnosed with Shy Drager and they have outlived their diagnosis. If one
tends to believe in a bad outcome...how sad it is to wait one day at a time
for the grim reaper. On the otherhand, folks like you that are active in a
career, with a young family can continue on providing and enjoying what
there is to behold. Don't stop just be aware that all have their days
numbered. Anticipate life and enjoy your family..and future grand children.

Welcome again.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn List messages on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
             *NEW*Click the page ads and use the new search tools*NEW*
John Cottingham