Lesley...

I had collagen injections into my vocal cords beginning in May, 1997,
which gave me back near normal vocal volume.  The results of the of
this 10 minute procedure lasts from 3 to 5 months and then the
procedure is repeated.

I initially had this Medicare covered procedure done by Dr. Gerald
Burke, of the UCLA Neck and Throat Clinic.  For those without
Medicare the cost of the procedure in May of '97 was $500.  I don't
know if that is the current price.

Kaiser Permanente's Dr. David Pitts also does this procedure,
however, he's moved from the Kaiser Sunset facility to their Baldwin
Park facility. That's very far  from the L.A. suburb where I live so
I no longer go to him to get the injections, as I have limited
driving due to PD-related visual problems.

It should be noted that not everyone is going to benefit by having
the collagen injections, but Dr. Burke is up front if he feels that
no improvement  will result from the collagen injections.

Your client may reach Dr. Burke at the following:

200 Medical Center Drive
5th Floor
Suite 550
Los Angeles, CA, 90095