Dear listfriends-- I really don't know how to advise the writer of this
post--perhaps we have a Swedish member who can follow up?  The writer is
NOT ON THE LIST, SO REPLIES CAN BE SENT TO ME TO FORWARD, OR TO HER
DIRECTLY.  If the latter, please CC me so I'll know someone answered her!
Thanks.
*************

>Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 18:40:24 -0500 (EST)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Parkinson's Decease
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi Camilla,
>Peg Lawson gave me your email address. I see her quite often and we talk about
>her husband Harry and my father, who both have Parkinson's decease.
>My parents live in Sweden. My father is 78 years old and has had P.D. for
>about four years. My mother is his caregiver. The problem is always at night.
>My mother gets no sleep because my father sleeps very little at night and gets
>up constantly and gets into all kinds of trouble (nothing really serious yet).
>I know my mother has asked the doctors for sleeping medication for my father,
>but nothing seems to have worked so far. Either it does not effect him at all
>or he has awful dreams and does really crazy things.
>The medication that he takes now, which seems to work reasonably well during
>the day is "Madopark" and "Madopark Quick". In additon to that he takes
>"Varan"  as a blood thinner, due to having had a couple of blood clots.
>Is it possible that you know of a sleeping medication that my mother could ask
>for in Sweden? I realize that this is a big question.
>Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>Thank you very much,
>Anita Taylor

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "