Bruce... I couldn't agree more, the "bizzarity" is overwhelming. It's as
though everyone is using Microsoft Word constrained by the Parkinsn listserv
template taken from the Style Gallery and a similarly constrained Grammar
Editor. You proffered Diligence as the causative agent but I think it's
Enlightenment, i.e., we are acting like "The Enlightened Few".

David Boots' parodies were the most thoughtful, insightful, sensitive,
heartfelt, candid portrayals of the experiences and feelings of a PWP.
Inevitably, they would first bring me to tears as I finally saw, in words,
the parallels in our day to day, hour to hour and minute to minute
existence. Shortly after the tears would come the uncontrolled laughter that
still recurs to this day. The therapeutic value of that laughter is
immeasurable; for a few fleeting moments it overwhelms the pain.

Yes... we are truly an enlightened few and with our heightened sense of
right and wrong we successfully criticized the cretin out of our fellowship
circle.

I remember as Chris Kinesia [A.K.A. David Boots] walked slowly down the
hallway for the last time, he shed the heavy coat he'd worn for so long and
as he opened the doors and stepped outside into the sunshine you could see
the words on his T-shirt..."My other body is symptom-free".

David Barthuli 59/11
Merrimac, MA