Bruce A. and Pat L. have both asked about Requip.  I'll try to answer about
Peter's experience. which may well differ from that of others.

Peter was started on Requip after stopping Mirapex "cold turkey" as a
result of a bad paranoid episode.  He seems to be subject to confusion and
drug-induced hallucinations, and thus the new neuro at the Movement
Disorder clinic cut his Sinemet at once when starting the Requip at only
.5mg   3x a day.
We gradually added over a period of maybe 6 weeks  .5 tablet at a time.
When it got to be a LOT of   .5 tabs, we got the 1 mg kind (pale grey-green
instead of white) to use.  He presently, as for many months, takes  1.5 mg
3X a day.

I have to say that I am not sure how much "improvement" there was
initially, as I was more concerned that we NOT repeat the Mirapex
experience.  It has perhaps been a "stabilizer" rather than something that
produces dramatic changes for Peter.   I asked the neuro once if he should
take  extra Requip for a boost  when planning to go out, and the reply was
that an extra Sinemet (10/100) would be more effective as a booster,  as
the Requip did not actually supply more dopamine.

We will see the neuro in March, as I think P. needs some fine tuning of
meds.  He has developed a pattern of napping for 2+ hours after breakfast,
and often again after lunch, because of great exhaustion, with his best
times being late afternoon and evening--often till midnight!

I don't know if this helps Bruce and Pat, but

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "