At 02:29 1999/02/14 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Janet and listfriends;
>then you forgot my tips to new parkies. (grin) chuckle
>Happy Valentines day.
>
>sigh, another valentines day
>no cards or calls by phone
>so inside I will stay
>curled up in bed, alone
>
>But I vow this time next year
>I'll have somebody there
>if I fail, not a fear
>I'll buy a teddy bear.
>
>Bill Harrington  ((still aingle)

happy saint valentine's to all!

bill, here is / are your tips!
['neatened']

janet

[still aingle too]

Date:  24/12/96 09:21
From:  Bill Harrington
Subj:  some tips, comments, questions & criticism

Merry Xmas eve from snowy  B.C.

Some tips:

when really frozen and you need your sinemet to kick in quick
try a SINEMET FIZZ- take 1/2 or 100/25 Sinemet yellow, the old kind
that works properly  not APO [generic]. Break it in small pieces,
put it in botttom of glass, pour any [sweet] carbonated soda pop
on top of it. It will fizz like crazy like ENO. Drink it down: you'll
be amazed how fast it works! BTW  I'm not a Doctor

Regarding painkillers:
An equivalent to Tylenol 3 that I have used for sometime is called
Empracet. It containes no caffeine, the only drawback is it is a pure
narcotic, comes in 3 part form

re Amitriptyline:
I have used this drug for years to treat depression and help me sleep.
Has synergestic effect with regular pd drugs, the only one Ive found
that hasn't left me a frozen zombie.
**** extemely deadly in large quantity

For those of you who wear eyeglasses of any kind who are troubled
by extra movements, the next time you're changing lenses, try having
them tinted blue. I did a lengthy tv interview and found the lenses
really helped.

Does anyone else feel we should have cdn and amer archives, a central
data bank of pd info. I have several tapes of television coverage of
Lillian and I's  promotional activities re: our art and poetry
exhibits... Speaking of which our Portfolio should be published early
in 97 .

Speaking of books I heartily recommend Dr. Bernie Siegel's books...

Now for the favors, does anyone out there have an e-mail address for
Dr.Donald and/or Susan Calne at  UBC hosptal, in Vancouer B.C.

Also, could the Doctor who once contacted me RE A 2ND PALLIDOTOMY,
PLEASE DO SO AGAIN????!!!

A bit of criticism- an unfortunte comment was recently made by a
contributor to the effect  "Anyone who can do cartwheels doesn't
belong in this group"  When diagnosed at 29 and for many years after
I could do cartwheels. I have a close friend who was very hurt by
this careless remark. I respectfully suggest anyone with an interest
in our shared goals and problems ahould be more than welcome;
the more unique they are the more we have to learn from them.

Bill

This is an archive of the PARKINSN mailing list,
hosted by New Information Paradigms.
Archive maintained by Simon Coles.
http://domino.parkinsons.org.uk/Parkinsons/PARKINSNLog.nsf/1028dd611db443ce80256506004e2894/1ae915fda405d18b80256679007d44ec?OpenDocument

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>