For those of you who are waiting in fear and trembling the coming of the
year 2000 how about the following. I have a rollover IRA in a mutual fund
and just received the annual report and I quote from part of it
"The fund could be adversely affected if the computer systems used by ___
and other service providers do not properely process and calculate
date-related information from and after January 1, 2000,"  - then follows
words about working on the modifications  -  "However, there can be no
assurance that there will be no adverse impact on the fund."
Scary ain't it. Now let's everyone run to the bank stock broker etc and
convert everything to gold bars and bury them in the back yard so our money
ill be safe. Just be sure and let me know and I'll be around with my shovel.
Bob Anibal ( with usual tongue in cheek)