Dear Gil,
To the best of my knowledge, B12 doesn't have a direct effect on PD.
However, B12 requires stomach acid in order to be absorbed; with aging,
less of this acid is produced, and older adults often become depleted of
B12 for this reason.

B12 depletes slowly, sometimes over a period of years; and signs of
depletion mimic Alzheimer's dementia well enough that people have been
misdiagnosed as having Alzheimer's when it was actually B12 deficiency.

I often counsel my clients to use either a multivitamin (such as Centrum
Silver) or a B-complex supplement, taken separately from Sinemet (the
amount of B6 in many B-complexes can be sufficient to block levodopa
absorption).

Good luck with your research!
Best regards,
Kathrynne