Hello Brian and Bernard,
                                   My experience of Madopar is somewhat
different to that expressed by Brian, I have been taking it for ten years now
and have always been prepared to try to "fine tune" the times I take it and
dosage amount in order to achieve what I consider to be the optimum benefit.  I
presently take 187.5 mg 3 times a day at 4 hourly intervals, starting at 8.30
am.which involves an "on" period followed by an "off" period before taking the
next dose.
I suppose it depends on how severe your "off" periods are, but when I tried the
overlap method of dosage, I found that I was taking 4 doses of Madopar per day
instead of 3, resulting in increased dyskenesia and shorter "on" times.As I am
still quite  mobile during my  "off" times, I find it preferable to use this
method of Madopar control.
As a follow- on to the above comments, since I have been taking Cabaser { 15
months now} the dreaded Dyskenesia which used to blight my life has 99%
disappeared!
Regards,
Nigel,